Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weeks two and three: cracking the shell

Weeks two and three of reading “Walking in This World” have been a very interesting endeavor. Cameron writes about difficult feelings bubbling up and getting our little soft boiled creative souls all oozy. She talks about the artist’s task being hard for some people to get into and I’ve definitely found that to be true. I had all kinds of excuses for why I don’t want to take myself on a little excursion.
This process has brought up a lot of anger, which Cameron addresses also and suggests we use it as a tool to be creative. I still need to dive headfirst into this as I was recently emotionally attacked by a “friend.” It’s a long story but it’s someone with whom I sublimated my creativity anyway and so, in the long run, it will really be a gift. It will be a gift because it triggered a part of me that carries pain from old wounds and then keeps me from being expressive and creative. So if I can help heal that part of me this time around then I’ll have a better chance of bringing about more creative hatchlings.
Right now my shell is a bit cracked but that’s okay because it means I can get at the oozy bits inside and help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment